Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tis the Season to Shop!


I am happy to be joining up with Michelle (Fabulous in First) and Erica's (Erica Bohrer's First Grade) Linky Party.

This year, I have taken a different approach to Christmas gifts.  Most years, I hope to get everyone such meaningful gifts that fit their interests and personality perfectly, but I end up waiting until the last minute to shop and settle for generic things like notepads, lotion, and socks.  Having received plenty of notepads, lotion, and socks myself over the years, I realize that people only appreciate such items so much.

So, instead of going with my usual approach, I decided to change things up a bit.  I discovered some great opportunities to give gifts that are meaningful to the giver, the recipient, and people in need!  That's a win, win, win situation in my book.

Check them out:
Compassion Christmas Gift Catalog

I know I highlighted this in a previous post, so I will be brief.  Check out Christmas Gift Idea or comment for more details.

This catalog is easy to use and packed full of awesome ways to give to the needy around the world on behalf of the people you care about in your lives.  Gifts range in price, but start at just $4!!!!  However, you can give more or less if you so choose.  Once you give a gift, you can choose one or more of the gift certificates to e-mail or print to give to person who you gave on behalf of. 

E & Company Necklaces


One year ago my good friend Emily took a huge leap of faith by quitting her job and starting her own business.  She knew God wanted her to do it, but was scared to step out of her comfort zone. 

Now, her business is official and awesome.  Why is it awesome you ask?  Well, because she is selling handcrafted necklaces made by street vendors in India!!  The best part is that part of the proceeds from the necklaces go back to the women street vendors!! 

By giving a gift from E&Company you are giving an very unique and special necklace to someone you care about, and helping women living in poverty in India.  Pretty cool if you ask me.

Here are some other more traditional gift ideas.

DVDs

These are two of the best movies I saw this year.  They would make great gifts for people who like action.

Children's Books


I got these two books from the Scholastic book fair and they are now two of my all time favorites.  Pig Kahuna is super cute and fun.  The character's names are Fergus and Dink!  Goldilocks and the Three Dinsoaurs is a humorous and sarcastic spin on the traditional tale.  I was laughing the whole time I read it.


I hope these gift ideas help you out and that your holiday season is not too stressful.  Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up! I love the idea of compassion gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I am glad you liked the idea.

    ReplyDelete