Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Show and Tell Tuesday: MLK

I am excited to be joining Sunny Days in Second Grade for Show and Tell Tuesday!  I love the idea of show and tell Linky parties!  This one is perfect for the season, since it's focused on Martin Luther King Jr. resources.

Here are a few of the many great resources I have found out in the blogging world.

Jessica from Joy in the Journey created an awesome 30 page packet of activities!  She teaches fifth grade, but many of them are adaptable for different grades including acrostic poems, writing templates, and more!


Latoya from Flying into First has some awesome MLK activities.  I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that they are FREE!!


Susan from TGIF created a great packet too.  I just discovered her blog and I can already tell I am going to love her ideas and resources.


Susan is also having a MLK Giveaway!!  She's teaming up with Lyndsey from A Year of Many Firsts.  It's a great giveaway.  You have the chance to win 2 packets!  

Before I go, the last thing I want to share for Show and Tell is totally unrelated; however, I can't contain my excitement, so I have to include it in this post.

I got a...NEW MAILBOX!!!!!!!!

Awhile ago, in my Classroom Tour and Introduction post, I mentioned my evil, Leaning Tower of Mailbox, which was driving me crazy!!  Well, thanks to my handy dandy daddy, I now have a new, awesome, totally terrific, functional, and beautiful, not-leaning mailbox!!   He built it for me as a Christmas present!  

Here's the Before and After:
Before:
Leaning Tower of Mailbox
The back was literally falling off!
This was not after heavy use, it started happening right after it was assembled.
After
Hallelujah!  Hallelujah!  It is gorgeous!!  I love it!

The shelves are quite spacious.
I labeled them with colored dots with the students' numbers on them. 
If you couldn't tell already, I love my new mailbox!!  Better yet, the kids love it too!  Even the janitor loves it!  When he moved it in he commented that he is glad that he will no longer have to come help repair my old, junky one.  :-)

Now that I have thoroughly expressed my love for my new mailbox, I will call it the end of Show and Tell Tuesday.

Thanks again to Sunny Days in Second for hosting!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up to Show & Tell Tuesday!
    Wow, you really did need a new mailbox. lol!

    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new mailbox! And yes, you really needed one, LOL!!! I just finished replying to your comment on my blog. It was uber sweet, and I appreciate every word of it! I have really enjoyed reading your blog this evening and all your great info on MLK resources, but I have a tech question for you. How do you do the "signature" at the bottom of your post? Or where can I go to learn how to do it? I'm trying to learn everything I can about blogging, and I was hoping you could help me without being offended or put off by my question. Oh yes, and I am your newest follower! :) Thanks!
    Michele
    The Lightbulb Lab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. I am glad you appreciated my comment and my blog. I am definitely not put off by your question. I am always happy to help, especially since I am still learning too.

      I plan to figure out how to make an even cuter signature soon on Photoshop or something, but this is what I did. It wasn't too hard. I made the signature at My Live Signature

      Then, I followed the steps on this site: Kevin and Amanda. They were kind of confusing, but I got it. I just discovered this one, which might be easier to do, so you could try it. Cutest Blog on the Block

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL mailbox!
    Thanks for highlighting my packet - I hope you can use some of the pages with your active kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signature info you shared with me worked great! I made a decal with my initials! I love, love, love it. I'll be sharing it with my peeps on my blog this evening! Thank you for all your help.
    The Lightbulb Lab

    ReplyDelete