Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tell Me Something Good!

Rowdy in First is having a very positive linky party and I am happy to be joining!


Something Good from School:  Things are starting to click.  The first few months of school were massively draining with so much going on both at school and in my personal life, plus I had mono for 6 weeks.  Since going back in January, I feel like I have a fresh start to improve things.  I am so thankful to finally be getting some helpful ideas and strategies from various interventionists and colleagues.  I have so many strugglers this year that I am taking all the help I can get.  Also, I am trying some new Responsive Classroom techniques to build community and to deal with misbehavior.  So far they are working well.  I am very thankful for how things are going so far.

Something Good from Home: I am finally feeling better!  After being sick for most of the first months of school with an infection and then mono, I finally feel like I have more of my normal energy and personality back.  Mono is more draining than I ever imagined.  Along with being tired, I felt so down in the dumps and burned out about everything.  It is so good to be getting back to being myself.  The only not good thing is that Josh now has mono!  I am better and he is sick!  Oh well, hopefully he will learn from me what NOT to do and will actually rest up and get better soon.

Those are my good things.  Hop on over to Rowdy in First Grade to link up to share yours. 

Please leave me a comment if you have any thoughts about my good things or about anything at all.  

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better, but boo for Josh now having mono. I had it in 8th grade and remember missing almost a month of school because of it.

    I love it when things to click for the students. I love seeing their faces light up when they realize they can do something. It's the BEST!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You missed a lot of school. Seeing the students light up is my favorite part of teaching too!

      Thanks for commenting! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that you have had Mono. I had it in high school and I was extremely ill and on bed rest for over 2 weeks. I was almost hospitalized. It is awful! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better, but I'm sad to hear that Josh is sick now. Yuck! I have already said a prayer for you and Josh. Hang in there! I pray that you have a blessed second half of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers! I really appreciate them. That sounds like you got hit hard with mono! I didn't know I had it until I had already been teaching through it for 3 weeks.

      Hope you have a great second half of the year too! Thanks for commenting. :-)

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear things are improving! Sorry to hear about Josh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully he will rest up and feel better soon.

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful to hear that you are doing better! I can't imagine trying to teach and juggle everything while having mono!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rough, but I got through it. I am so glad to be feeling better now.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Hopefully the Mono is gone from your house for good! So glad I found your sweet blog through our linky. Swing by mine if you get a chance!

    xo
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, I am feeling much better, but still don't have my full energy.

      Thanks for commenting and following! I will definitely stop by your page soon.

      Delete