Monday, February 18, 2013

One Meal, One Day Fundraiser- Freebies for Donors!!

Have you ever skipped a meal?

Maybe you were just too busy to take the time to eat.  Maybe you were trying to shed a few pounds.

I bet you weren't starving.

I bet you could have had food if you had wanted some.

Unfortunately, many people around the world do not get to choose to skip meals.  

They have to.  They don't have food.  They can't eat.

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time imagining living like that.  I get grouchy when I don't get to have my afternoon snack and I'm sad when I can't have ice cream for dessert.  

My students are like me too.  At school, I can always tell it's time for snack because my kids start losing focus and energy.

For children living in poverty in Ethiopia, missing meals is just part of their daily life.  These children have to work, study, play, and live life, all while ignoring the gnawing hunger.
At this point, some of you may be asking me why I am going on about this.  Why depress us with sad facts?  There's nothing we can do.

Ah, but there is!

All it takes is skipping one meal and donating what you would have spent on lunch to the One Meal, One Day Campaign.



One Meal One Day is an annual event that unites thousands of people to skip a meal, experience hunger and give funds so that children in poverty can receive the help they desperately need.

This year Compassion International is channeling its efforts to Ethiopia, a place where drought and poverty are so extreme, many children registered in Compassion programs require extraordinary food interventions in addition to Compassion's core health and nutrition services.


There are 3 ways you can jump in and change a child's world in Ethiopia. Check out the options below and select the one that works best for you.




I personally am going to skip a meal, but whether you do or not, you can still help out by donating. I set up a fundraising page and have a lofty goal of raising $500 by March 27.  I would love for you  to help me meet my goal by donating to help Ethiopian children.

In fact, I have teamed up with some incredibly generous blogger friends to offer you some wonderful gifts as a thank you for donating.  If you donate $10 or more to the One Meal, One Day Campaign, here's what you will receive:

From Mrs. Leeby, her Owl Tens Frames!!!

From Jessica from Joy in the JourneyAngry VerbsWord Family Picnic, and Solving Shamrocks Addition.







From Amanda and Stacia over at Collaboration Cuties their awesome Superhero Problem Solving Strategies Posters!



But that's not all...

Be one of the first 5 people to donate and you will also receive your choice of any product from Michele from The Lightbulb Lab's TpT store!!  That's right, you get to choose!

Google

Donating is quick, easy, and secure.  Just click the picture below.  Please make sure to leave your e-mail address when you donate, so I can send you the products.  
Donate Now!
Imagine if you and all of your followers gave even $1.  What a difference we could make.


Also, if you would like to spread the word about this campaign, grab my button or the one below.

Thanks in advance for your generosity!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful cause! I'm so thrilled to be a part of this giveaway - praying for a big response.

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really tugged at my heartstrings so that's why I donated.

    carly.kaczmarek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your generosity!

      Delete