Sunday, February 24, 2013

Report Card Comments Celebration!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I am not going to write a huge post cause I am tired and have been doing way too much school work all weekend; however, I just wanted to have a mini celebration because....


REPORT CARD COMMENTS ARE DONE!!!!!!


If I wasn't feeling so tired and lazy right now, I would be doing a happy dance.  Instead I will post a video of one.  :-)


Any other Madagascar fans out there?  I happen to LOVE all three movies, especially the first and the third.  I actually have a special bond with one of the characters who happens to be my animal alter-ego, but I am not sure if I am ready to confess that to the world yet....

Back to report card comments, I am honestly shocked that I got them done in about 3 hours.  Usually they take me longer.  Our district requires narrative comments about reading, math, and social/emotional/behavioral stuff.  I actually am okay with having to write about those things because it helps me prepare for conferences; however, it takes a long time to think about what to copy and paste write for each student, especially since everything has to be said as positively as possible.  There are only so many phrases that sound positive, while still expressing concern.  Some of my favorites are "working towards...," "needs to develop...," "making progress in...," "needs support and encouragement to..." etc.  With all that extra language, I have a terrible time being thorough, but concise.  My comments usually end up being at least half a page long.

Fortunately, I had the time tonight, after Josh left, just to focus and get them done.  They aren't officially due until Thursday, but with needing to lesson plan during the week and having a busy weeknight schedule, I figured today was the day to do them.

Well, that's about it for my little celebration.  Does anyone else have anything to celebrate?

Also, what does your district require for report card comments?  I am interested to hear what you have to do.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Becky!!! That is definitely something to celebrate! I started my report cards, but haven't finished! Ours are due Thursday as well! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our comments are pre-written, and we just put in the "number" of the comment we want. I actually would love to be able to write my own comments!!!

    And I love all the Madagascars!! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooohhoooooo! *Happy Dance*
    I've actually boogied along to "Like to Move It!" a number of times :)

    Last year we wrote our own comments, but this year we've got pre-determined comments that we just click on. I liked leaving my own original comments, but this does make the process A TON easier. We can still add custom thoughts to specific kids if we'd like - so it's really a good system.

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete