Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowy Saturday and a Request for Help

Happy Saturday everyone!

Out here in New Jersey, it is definitely a very snowy Saturday.  I woke up this morning to a world covered in white.
Looks like I won't be driving for awhile.

I had an enjoyable time walking around taking pictures for about an hour.  As I watched everyone shovel and snow blow, I couldn't help being thankful that I live in an apartment.  :-)

Anyways, the real point of this post is that I want to reach out to you, my fellow bloggers and followers to ask for your help.

As you may know from my previous posts (here), I am trying to raise money for Compassion International's One Meal, One Day campaign.


It is a great campaign that is focused on raising awareness of and money for hungry children, specifically in Ethiopia.  How it works is that on March 27, people are asked to skip a meal and donate what they would have spent to the campaign.  However, if they do not want to skip a meal, they can still donate anyway.

I love the idea of this campaign and am embracing it wholeheartedly.  I set a bold goal of raising $500 by March 27, the day that I will be skipping a meal, along with many others.  I have blogged about it and started a Facebook page to spread the word.

Here's where I need your help.  I want to do a bit more to encourage people to give.  I certainly don't want to beg or force people to give if they are not called to, but I figured if I could offer some sort of additional incentive, people might be more willing to support this great campaign to help Ethiopian children.

However, I have a problem.  I do not have a TpT store from which to giveaway products, so I don't know for sure what to offer to people who donate.

What I would LOVE and be so thankful for is if any of you bloggers who do have TpT stores would be willing to offer one or more of your products in an incentive bundle to give to either all donors or those who gave a certain amount.  I have seen this done by other bloggers who are raising funds, so I would love to try it.

If you are at all interested in helping me out with this incentive, please either comment or e-mail me at hoffman.rebecca@att.net.  Also, if you have any questions about One Meal, One Day, please read more here, and/or contact me.  I would be more than happy to answer them.  I want you to feel sure that your products and donations are going to a good, financially secure cause.

Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I would be happy to donate items to the cause, Becky :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks! I was going to ask you in person soon cause I hoped you would help out.

      Delete
  2. Becky, I would be more than happy to donate products. Just let me know what you need and when and I'll send them your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! I would love whatever you are willing to give as soon as possible, so I can start offering the products. What would be the best way to go about giving them away? If you sent them to me, then I would just send them to the donors? Sorry for all the questions, I am just new to this aspect of blogging. Thanks for being willing to donate.

      Delete