Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Currently!!

Happy Febr...I mean March!!  How is it already March?  Where in the world did last month go?  Was it that blur that went whizzing past in a flurry of assessments, report cards, holidays, meetings, and other insanity?

Anyhoo, it's March, which means that it's time for...CURRENTLY!!!  Woo hoo!  I am excited to link up with Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade for the fun.



Listening- I am totally hooked right now on this awesome band called The Wrecking!  They are relatively unknown, but have such a good sound and great lyrics.  You should totally check them out.


Loving- Usually at this time of year, I am sad that winter has passed without there having been any legitimate snow.  I don't feel ready for spring.  However, this year we got several good snows and one HUGE one that left 12 inches of white all over my town!!!  Therefore, my snow quota has been met and I'm ready for spring flowers and warm, sunshiny weather!!!

Thinking- Josh has some secret plan for us in Philly today.  I have no idea what we are going to do, but I'm excited to find out!  I have been craving a day in the city for awhile now, so it should be a great day!

Wanting- Now that it's March, the One Meal, One Day campaign is in full swing!  One Meal, One Day is a Compassion International fundraiser dedicated to raising awareness of child hunger.  Each year, on a designated day, people all over the country will skip a meal to raise awareness of the issue of hunger.  They will then donate the money they would have spent on the meal to the One Meal, One Day campaign to help hungry children.  This year, the efforts and money are focused on helping children in Ethiopia.  

I have teamed up with some awesome blogger friends to promote this campaign.  The goal is to raise $500 by March 27, which is the day that people will be skipping a meal.  As a thank you for donating $10 or more, my friends are offering you some great products for FREE.  Please click the pictures below to find out more about the campaign, the freebies, and to donate now!  Even if you don't skip a meal, you can make a difference!  



Donate Now!
Check out the donation tracker on the top right of my page to find out how you can help us get to $500.  

Needing- More sleep.  Enough said.

Like, Love, Hate- Blue is my favorite color, with Cerulean being my favorite shade!  If you look at my closet or my jewelry box you will see a sea of this and other hues of blue.  Who doesn't love brownies?  I recently made some homemade ones with Mint M&M's and let's just say, my attempts at losing weight ended right there.  They were TO DIE FOR, especially when warmed up and topped with mint chocolate chip ice cream.  MmmMmmmm...

On to hate.  Oh, that sounded so depressing and negative!  Hehehe.  I had no trouble choosing Bugs as my letter B hate.  Bugs are gross and annoying and irritating and every other negative descriptor one could think of.  Yes, I logically realize they help us in some slight way, but do not try to tell me that when I am covered in itchy, red mosquito bites!!!

Well, that's all I have for you this Currently!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S. Be sure to check out my All About Book Freebie from my post yesterday if you would like a new resource to help your kiddos plan their books.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! I'm a New Jersey blogger too! I hope you have fun in Philly. I don't like bugs either.

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,

      That's cool that you are an NJ blogger. It does not seem like there are too many of us out there, so it's always nice to meet someone new.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I definitely don't like creepy, crawly bugs either... Happy March!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy March to you too! Yeah, bugs are so gross.

      Delete
  3. Hi Becky,
    Sounds like Josh is a keeper...enjoy your day in the city! I contributed to your One Meal One Day campaign. Good luck with it!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH Cathy!! You are awesome!!! If you will let me know your e-mail, then I will send you the free products right away. Also, you should e-mail Michele from
      The Lightbulb Lab
      The Lightbulb Lab to let her know that you are one of the first five donors. You get to choose any item from her store!

      If you don't feel like sharing your e-mail on a public comment, then feel free to e-mail me at hoffman.rebecca@att.net.

      Thanks for you generosity!

      Delete
  4. We are also LOVING that spring is coming! I'm sure you're firsties are as wild as ours! We are your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete