Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter! Let's Get Acquainted and a Freebie

Happy Easter Everyone!  Christ the Lord is risen today and every day!

I am sad that I can't be home with my family today, but thankful that my wonderful friend and colleague Heather invited me to join her family for Easter dinner.

Now that I'm back and have the rest of the evening free, I am happy to be able to link up with Latoya for yet another fun Let's Get Acquainted party!


Just like Latoya, my birthday is in April, so what better way to start my favorite month than by sharing some of my favorites.

Favorite Place to Shop
I am not a huge fan of shopping, but Macy's has great quality clothes and lots of other products.  My favorite pieces in my teacher wardrobe are all from Macy's.  However, I almost never pay full price for anything though cause my mom and I tag team to find the deals.  We always get a thrill when we leave the store and realize how much we got for our money.  When I worked there and had an employee discount, the best shopping trip I had was $350 worth of clothes and kitchen supplies for about $80!!

Favorite TV Show

This is a tough one cause I am addicted to way too many TV shows, so I cheated and chose two from different genres.  I pretty much always get out of choosing one favorite by creating categories.  :-)

TBL is always so inspirational.  I didn't get that connected to this year's contestants, but I still love the show. Revolution is so INTENSE!!!  I love it!  I am so happy it's back on.  Is anyone else watching it?  

Favorite Sweet Treat
This one was easy peasy.  I have a major sweet tooth and love all kinds of desserts, but ice cream is by far my favorite dessert.  I literally eat it at least once every day all year long!  

Here's an addition equation of my favorite flavors.  It's a beautiful thing. 


Favorite Food

Since I already chose ice cream as my favorite sweet treat, I will choose something savory for my favorite food.  I LOVE baked beans, specifically Bush's Original.  They are the best when they are cold from the fridge.  Yummmmmmmmmmmm.

Favorite Restaurant
I think I blogged about this before, but Coda is still my favorite restaurant.  It has such a unique menu and it's one of the few places I have been where I have gotten something different every time and loved everything.  If you are ever in my area of NJ, be sure to check it out.

Well, those are my favorites.  I can't wait to see everyone else's when they link up.

Before I go, since April starts tomorrow, it's time for my monthly What I Learned Today freebie.  This is a great way for the students to reflect on what they learn each day.  This helps them leave with key concepts in their mind and prepares them to share with their families when they get home.  Click the pictures to get either a formatted PDF file or an editable Word document.

PDF Version
Word Version (different font)
Hope you enjoy!  Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having students record something they learned every day. For my 3rd graders they could use it to reflect and/or to give parents a "springboard" for communication. Great Idea;)
    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Mint Moose Tracks? YUM! I found you through Latoya's linky party and am now your newest follower!
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders
    www.polkadotkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge BL fan too! I agree that I didn't get as connected with the contestants this year. I don't know if it is how it was set up or what. But I watch every season.

    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of Revolution too. Can't wait for tomorrow night's episode. I'm going to have to dvr it though because I'm going out of town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's too bad that you'll miss it. I usually DVR it, so I can skip the commercials.

      Delete
  5. Mint Moose Tracks sounds pretty yummy. But I will not arm wrestle you for baked beans. All yours! I am happy to be your newest follower.

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete