Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Party!

Hi Bloggy Friends!  It's been awhile since I've posted.  I have been pretty busy.  However, I am not too busy to join the fun of Latoya from Flying Into First's Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party.


The rules are you have to share 3 things that you either like or like to do starting with your initials.

As a girl who goes by a nickname version of a longer name, I always have a hard time choosing which first initial to use.  I usually only use my middle initial with my formal, full name, Rebecca, but since I go by Becky most of the time, I'll just use B.

B- Baking- I love to bake.  My mom was and is a great baker.  Growing up, I rarely packed a lunch that did not contain several homemade chocolate chip cookies.  As I got older, I began to not only enjoy the products of my mom's baking, but also the process.  It was so much fun to help her in the kitchen.  She taught me how to do a lot, including making my own pie crust from scratch.  Here are some of the tastiest things I've baked lately:
Oreo Cake
Peanut Butter Chocolate Saltine Toffee
Too DIE FOR Chocolate Mint Brownies.
This is not my picture, but I promise mine looked
just as good. ;-)
A- Advocate-  I am a volunteer advocate for Compassion International, an organization dedicated to releasing children from poverty.


I feel so blessed to be a part of Compassion's amazing ministry.  You can read more about some ways you can get involved in helping children in need by clicking here or here.  In fact, the One Meal, One Day campaign is running until March 27.  The campaign is focused on raising awareness of and money to help end child hunger in Ethiopia.  If you donate $10, you can get some great TpT products FREE.  Click on the button below to find out more about the campaign, the products, and how to donate.  As of now, we are at $100 of our $500 goal with just about 2 weeks left in the campaign.  Please consider helping out.


H- Hip Hop Dancer- Believe it or not, this gangly, awkward white girl can hip hop dance!!  Well, kind of...  Starting in high school, I began to have a deep desire to learn to dance, particularly hip hop dance.  The show, So You Think You Can Dance might have had something to do with that desire. ;-)  However, I thought I had missed my chance by not starting when I was young and I assumed I would be terrible at it, since I am not exactly a dancer type.  Last year though, I finally decided to sign up for a hip hop class.  I figured, I don't want to look back later and regret not giving it a shot.  Let's just say it was the BEST decision ever.  I LOVE my dance class, and the best thing is...I'm not terrible!  I actually catch on to things better than I thought I would!
No, I cannot do this, but it would be epic I could.
Well, that's a bit more about me.  Now that you are a little more acquainted with me, you should fly over to Latoya's blog to link up, so I can get to know you.  

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! First of all, those cakes look amazing (and like I'd gain 10 pounds by even getting near them)! I sometimes take dance classes at the gym, but I KNOW I look a hot mess in there!

    Nice reading your blog! Love what you're doing with Compassion International!

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! Thanks for commenting. I do have to be careful to share what I bake with others or else I wouldn't be able to fit through the door!

      That's fun that you are trying some dance classes. I am sure you aren't that bad!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I love that you didn't go with the "aw I missed out, it's too late" vibe and learned something that makes you happy!! How fun! I would like to learn to square dance or clog. But it seems fairly daunting to me. The cloggers and square dancers always look like they are having fun AND getting a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie! You have the same name and last initial as my sister!

      I have tried square dancing once. It was so fun. I would love to do it again!

      Thanks for commenting! Have a great day!

      Becky
      Compassionate Teacher

      Delete
  4. I love Compassion International! They are such an amazing organization. I've been sponsoring a little boy from Bolivia for 6 years now and I just started sponsoring a little girl from Colombia. I love writing to them and knowing that they are learning about Jesus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Kelly! I am sure your kids are adorable. I am so happy to hear your that you sponsor. I can sense your passion for writing and loving your kids. It is amazing to realize that our love for them can help them learn about Jesus! I pray that God will bless you for your generosity in sponsoring them.

      God bless!

      Delete