Monday, March 4, 2013

Letters from Brazil

Ah, checking the mail.  That mundane task that begins with a hint of excitement and ends with a frustrating pile of bills and junk mail.

At least, that's how it usually goes for me.  

Except for yesterday.  Yesterday, I saw my favorite kind of envelope with my favorite kind of message on it.  

It said: 
Mail Call Button

Woo hoo!

As I opened the envelope, I was really hoping that it was, but not expecting it to be from Aline in Brazil.  I have sponsored her for a year now and have gotten very few letters.  I have been worried and sad that she is not attending the child center (more info on what that is later).  

My hopes came true!  The letter contained not one, but TWO letters from beautiful Aline!!  There must have been a backup for some reason.





I teared up a bit as I read the broken English translation.  Aline told me she is thankful to have me as a sponsor and she said "May God bless you each day more and more and realize all your dreams and wishes."  She told me that she either wants to be a nurse or a veterinarian because she wants to help people and she loves animals. 

She also said, "I get happy to know that you have a profession that you like," and that my family and my eyes are so beautiful.  She is so sweet.  Then, came the best part of the letter when she said that "Jesus is everything in my life" and "I want to live for Jesus forever!"  Praise God!

I am so thankful that I finally got a letter from her after wondering if she even was going to write.  I am so encouraged.  I feel so blessed to be a part of her life.

Whoa, hold up.  

I just realized that at this point some of you may be scratching your heads and saying, "what in the world is Becky talking about?"  "Why is she showing us this letter?"  

For those of you who don't already know from reading my "About Me" or earlier posts, I sponsor two children through the organization Compassion International.  Compassion is dedicated to releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name.  They have a variety of programs, but their primary focus in the Child Sponsorship.  

Child sponsorship through Compassion International changes lives one child at a time.  Poverty is a serious issue.  Children around the world are growing up without the resources they need to be healthy, safe, and successful.  Even more importantly, they are growing up without the hope that things will ever change.  The negative voices in their heads tell them that they are not worth anything and that life will never get better.  

Child sponsors can turn off those negative voices for one or more children.  Here's what child sponsorship provides and entails.


For only $38 a month, sponsorship helps meet a child's many physical, social, emotional, and educational needs.  Compassion's efforts are child-centered and focus on holistic child-development.  That means that as a sponsor, you would be changing the life of your specific child.  As a sponsor, you can be sure that your money is being used responsibly and meaningfully because Compassion International has been commended for their financial integrity by Charity Navigator for 11 years!!!  Less than 17% of their intake goes to administrative costs!  That's pretty incredible!

If you are interested in being a part of an amazing relationship that will help a needy child and bless you immeasurably, please visit Compassion's website or click on the pictures below.  Here are some of the sweeties waiting for sponsors:

Proceed to our secure online form
Karuvita Arahhige Nirusha Madushanka
5 Years Old
Waiting: 276 Days for a Sponsor!
Proceed to our secure online form
Narcisa Denisse Cagua Aguirre 
8 Years Old
Waiting: 247 Days for a Sponsor
Whether you are interested in sponsoring now or at any time in the future, please let me know.  I am more than happy to answer any questions.  I would love to help you get set up to receive letters like the ones I got yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment