Monday, April 8, 2013

3 Things on a Deserted Island

Happy Monday!  

To those of you in school, I hope you have a great day with your kiddos.  To those of you on break, enjoy!  Take time to relax.  That's what I'm doing and it's great.  

Yesterday, I went canoeing with my dad.  Being out on the lake enjoying the beautiful, sunny day with a huge blue sky above my head and the sounds of lapping water and birds chirping, just made me feel so peaceful.  It was a total contrast to my normal, busy, loud life.  

I think it's important for everyone to take the time to quiet down their lives to de-stress and relax.  As a Christian, I have learned that God does often speak most clearly to me when I am still and quiet before Him. There is definitely a reason He commands us to "Be still and know" that He is God (Psalm 46:10)

That being said, one place you definitely could be still is a desert island, at least depending on what you brought with you.  :-)  

How was that for a segue into Latoya's linky party?  Hehehe.



This week the topic is what three things you would bring with you if you were stranded on a deserted island.

Here's mine:

1. Bible- I've already explained a lot about why I love my Bible, so I won't go into great detail, but it would be my main source of peace and encouragement.

2. Family/Friends- This is kind of a cheating answer because a person/people do not really count as things, and I can't choose just one person that I would want to have with me, but the idea of only having a volleyball to talk to does not appeal to me.


3.  iPhone- Assuming I had WiFi, Pinterest, Words with Friends, Scramble with Friends, and Facebook would keep me occupied.  The Triage app might save my life, who knows?  Also, I think I would go insane without music.  People say my iPod is bipolar because if you put it on shuffle you don't know what you are going to get.  The Phantom of the Opera might be followed by the Backstreet Boys.  Then they might make friends with Demon Hunter or TobyMac.  My music policy is that if at some point I might be in a mood to listen to the song, then I should have it on my iPod.  So, no matter what I felt on the island, there would always be a song that would match.

So, what three things would you have with you?

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely want to have my Bible with me too: :-)

    I ignored the part about "things"... because I would have to have my hubby with me!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WIIILLLLLSSSSSSOOOOOONNNNN!

    I always used to cry when Wilson floated away - actually I'm tearing up at the moment, so obviously it still strikes an emotional chord :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete