Monday, April 1, 2013

April Currently and Anchor Charts

Happy April!

Since it is now April, it is time for Farley's monthly Currently linky.

This month, linking up is bittersweet to me because this will be my last Currently.  I have decided to quit blogging.  It's just taking up too much of my time.  I will miss it and all the friends I've made, but I just cannot continue....


APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha.

Sorry for that.  I know Farley said she hates April Fools jokes, but I just couldn't resist.  My mom is the Queen of April Fools jokes, so I've learned from the best.  If you cant beat 'em, join 'em.  Hehehehe.

Anyway, the fool was that I am NOT quitting blogging.  That would be heartbreaking.  I am linking up with the Currently though, so here goes.


Oh Food Network.  I love it so much.  Ina Garten is not my favorite on the channel, but she is sometimes fun to watch.  Right now, I am wishing that I liked coconut and nuts because her German chocolate cupcakes look amazing.  Oh well.

I can't believe it's April!  Yet, I'm so happy that it is.  April is the best month of the year for so many reasons: warm weather (hopefully soon), colorful flowers, spring break, and my birthday!  

Unfortunately, even though break is just around the corner and I both want and NEED time to relax, I can't let my brain leave the building yet because I have my end of the year summative evaluation on Wednesday.  Yikes! 

As much as I prepared for it throughout the year this year, it still snuck up on me.  I feel pretty much ready now, but I am still nervous to have to share all my evidence in hopes of getting rehired.  At least, the anticipation and the event will all be over before break.

Now, for my advice.  I am pretty new at blogging, but I can already feel myself getting pulled away from my original focus at times.  I started blogging to share my ideas and to make some new friends.  Both of those things have happened and I am a better blogger and teacher now than I was before I started.  However, I want to caution everyone just starting out not to lose focus by trying to do everything just to get followers and comments.  Yes, those things are nice, but if you just try to please everyone and get popular, you might lose your joy.  I am learning that it's better to be genuine and let the followers will come as they may.  

That's my Currently, I hope you enjoyed.  Before you go, I want to share two anchor charts I made this week.  One is for persuasive letter writing and uses the common OREO format.  The other is for character traits.  I found the original idea for that from Mrs. Parker at Fabulous Fourth Grade.



Hope you have a great first week of April!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Ina Garten! Oh, if only I could be invited to her house for dinner! I made her mushroom soup once and let me tell you, it was the best soup ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wanting/needing spring break, too! It can't come fast enough :)

    Great advice, too!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read your post, I thought to myself - that's so sad! I am a fellow believer and I love to see people who are passionate about their faith. So glad to know you are not quitting blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha- too funny! Nice April Fool's Day Joke! :) I can't believe you haven't had spring break yet. Today is my last day of break! ENJOY!!!! :-) Good luck with your summative (I'm sure it will be great!) and I really like the advice that you gave! :)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute April Fool's joke! I believed it for a moment...lol. Just wanted to say "Hi!"

    Michele
    The Lightbulb Lab

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you are excited for Spring Break? I couldn't tell :)

    I am too...just two more weeks for me!

    I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete