Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April Shout Outs

Guess what everybody....my...summative...evaluation...is...DONE!!!  OVER!  FINISHED!  FINITO!!  

Woo hoo!

It went SO well.  I left school today feeling so encouraged and positive.  My principal and I had a great discussion about how I've grown this year.  I shared a few samples of evidence, but mostly just had an authentic conversation.  She has so much positive feedback to give me and then some good suggestions for the future.  I was so happy to get a Proficient ranking and to be recommended for re-hire next year!

Now that the weight and stress of that is off my shoulders, I am ready to let my brain turn to mush over spring break.  I just have to keep it on for two more days.  I can make it! 

To celebrate finishing my summative, I am procrastinating on lesson planning and choosing to blog instead.  Therefore, I am joining Growing Firsties and Teacher to the Core's monthly Shout Out linky.  



Now that I have 78 followers (yay!), it was a bit easier to find bloggers with fewer than me.  In fact, I found a brand new blogger who only has 18 followers, but will probably have many more soon, since she seems so cool.  Her name is Katie and her blog is First with Svetina.


She and I have a lot in common, which is very cool.  She too is a second year 1st grade teacher.  She also lives in a different state now than were she grew up.   What's awesome is that she is a brand new blogger, but has already shared some really great ideas.  I love her ideas for writing workshop including giving out detail stickers and celebrating adventurous spellers.  You can read about them here.  Needless to say, I am excited to read her future posts to get some more great ideas.  

For my blogger who has more followers than me, I chose, First Grade Buddies.  


Tamra and Sarah are so nice and there blog is very cute.  They I really like their ideas for teaching economics.  You can read about them here.  I would also recommend checking out their TpT store for some great products.  Here are some examples of what you'll find:

Earth Day Celebration: Wonderful World Class Book

That's it for my shout outs.  Stop by Growing Firsties or Teacher to the Core to link up.  Also, be sure to stop by First with Sventina and First Grade Buddies!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Becky, for the shout out! We appreciate it! Congrats on your great evaluation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your evaluation went well! I am loving both the blogs you mentioned. :) Only two days til your break.....you can do it!! I hope you get to enjoy a nice relaxing break!!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out Becky! :)

    ReplyDelete