Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May Goals

May is on the 'morrow!!

I seriously cannot believe it.  How is this year racing by so fast?  The days and weeks seem long, but the months seem short.  I guess everyone was right when they said the years go faster the older you get.  

Anyhow, in order to celebrate the start of May, I am linking up with Jess from I {heart} Recess to set some goals for the month.

Personal: If you look back at my New Year's Resolutions this year, you will see that I kept saying that I needed to find balance in my life and to rest in Christ.  That continues to be my goal.  Throughout these first few months of 2013, God has been doing some major work in my life.  It's been both exciting and scary, since feeling conviction is always hard, but discovering that Christ loves me and everyone even though we are far from perfect is amazing!  That being said, I am happy to say, I am giving up perfectionism.  Of course, I still want to strive to do my best, but my attitude, mood, and identity will not be determined by whether or not I do things "perfectly."  I am loved, forgiven, and free in Christ!

Health: Along with needing continual spiritual rest, I also need more physical rest.  I keep meaning to go to bed early, but then I decide to start just one more project and that ends up taking me way longer than I expected.  As a result, I have not been getting to bed at a good hour lately.  I really need to work on this because when I'm under-rested, it's much easier for Cranky Miss Hoffman to come out and that's no fun.

Blogging: I am so close to 100.  I would love to get there this month.  I definitely plan to have a great 100 follower giveaway when the time comes.  Thanks to all who currently follow me.  I am honored that so many people take the time to read what I write.

School: Right now, I am in the thick of teaching 2-digit addition and subtraction with and without regrouping. It's intense.  It's complicated.  It's chaotic.  There are manipulatives all over the floor every day.  Math is getting longer.  Writing is getting shorter.  

Thankfully, my efforts are not in vain.  So far my kiddos are catching on to both forms of addition and subtraction without regrouping, but tomorrow brings with it subtraction with regrouping.  That's going to be a toughie. 

Fun: I had such a blast in NYC on Saturday.  I would love to go again soon.  Anyone want to go with me?  Hehehehe.

So, those are my goals for the month.  I really hope I achieve them.  

P.S. My second blogging goal is to have a successful linky party.  Jessica and I would love to have you join Tricks of the Trade Thursday starting this Thursday, May 2.  Be thinking about your tips and tricks for bulletin board creation.

1 comment:

  1. THanks for linking up! Love your personal goal, that has been my goal all school year!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete