Monday, April 15, 2013

Prayers for Boston and Let's Get Acquainted

I greet all of you with a heavy heart tonight.  

I cannot believe that yet another tragedy has struck our country.  

Although words cannot adequately express my feelings, thoughts, and sympathy, I want to say that my prayers are going out to all the victim's of the bombings in Boston and all the others impacted by them.  It's times like these that I have to return to God's promises over and over again to remember that He is good and can work all things for good.  He is also the God of all comfort who is near to the brokenhearted.  I trust that He will pour out healing, peace, and comfort in abundant measure to all those who need it at this time.

I seriously debated whether or not to post anything else tonight out of respect to the victim's and their families.  However, I decided that perhaps all we can do at times like these is continue living life.  We cannot crawl into holes and live in fear.  We have a loving Heavenly Father who is in control.  If we have accepted His free gift of grace, than our lives are in His hands and even death cannot separate us from Him.

That being said, I am going to go ahead and link up with Latoya for Let's Get Acquainted.


This week the theme is the Skittles game.  

Red-Ice Cream

Mint Moose Track's
I actually posted about this a few weeks ago as my favorite dessert.  There is nothing better than the combination of my two favorite favorite flavors.


Orange-Favorite Memory from College

There are too many to choose from!  I had a lot of fun adventures with friends both at school and going home with them over breaks.  I also loved volunteering with inner city kids every Saturday with the CampusSERVE ministry.  I miss that the most, since I will probably never see those kids again. :-(


Jessica from Joy in the Journey and I in NYC
Yellow- Favorite Sports Team

Does the Olympic women's gymnastic team count?  I seriously don't watch sports except during the Olympics.  Then, I'm hooked, well at least on gymnastics and figure skating depending on the season.

There are too many to choose from!  I had a lot of fun adventures with friends both at school and going home with them over breaks.  I also loved volunteering with inner city kids every Saturday with the CampusSERVE ministry.  I miss that the most, since I will probably never see those kids again. :-(

Green- Favorite Fast Food Place

Chick Fil A all the way!!!!  I LOVE almost everything on the menu.  Even when I worked there for 2 years, I didn't get tired of the food.  I also love how they have tasty, healthy options.  I really that we get one near me in NJ very soon!  It's hard only having CFA a few times a year!

Purple- Wild Card

I am a total concert addict!  I have seen 130 different bands and artists in concert from 8th grade until now.  I have seen many of those bands multiple times.  My two favorite bands to see are Skillet and Tobymac.  I've seen Tobymac 11 times and met him in person 4 times!!!  Also, I may not look like the type, but I am totally a mosher.  I've gotten some serious bruises at hardcore shows!

Skillet!
The first time I met Toby!
One last thing before I go.  I wanted to let you all know about The 65 Project.  This project is initiated by E & Company, which is a wonderful organization dedicated to helping needy orphans and widows in India.  The company sells beautiful necklaces that were handmade by Indian street vendors and then the majority of the profit is sent directly back to India to help those in need. 

Right now, mission of The 65 Project is to help fund the training of 10-15 widows in sewing, which will help them make a living for themselves and their families.  All it takes is the sale of 65 necklaces to fund this training.  At least 14 have been sold so far, but there is still a long way to go!  

Please take just a few minutes to browse E & Co.'s online store.  The necklaces really are beautiful and affordable.  They look great with teacher outfits and make great gifts!

Hope everyone has a good night.  Again, my thoughts and prayers are with those in Boston.

2 comments:

  1. I have met so amazing bloggers through this linky! I am your latest follower!

    I am also hosting a linky--it's all about the dollar--anything that you find, buy, make, love, or sell for only a dollar.

    So come on over, join my group of followers, hang out for a while, and link up if you so choose!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing that someone that worked at cf still likes it makes me feel way better about going there.
    Enjoyed your post.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete