Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Currently!

Hurray for May!!!

May has come in with the most beautiful weather EVER!!!  I am loving the fresh air, blue skies, and bright sun.  This is my favorite time of year.

And now, it's time for one of my favorite linky parties...the Currently!


Listening: Strangely enough, I actually don't have the TV or any music on.  I am beginning to let myself work in relative silence.  It's kind of refreshing.  Also, my A.C. is on only because I am having some pretty bad allergies, so I can't keep my window open at night til the pollen settles down.

Loving: As I said above, I am LOVING this weather.  If only the pollen wasn't such a problem for everyone with allergies.  

Thinking: As of today, it's official that I am no longer going to Uganda this summer like I thought.  Instead, I am going to India!  I found out this week that the Journey 117 trip to Uganda did not have enough people registered, so they had to cancel it.  The trip leaders tried to rearrange the dates and to recruit more people, but nothing worked out and it was not financially possible to take such a small team.  I will admit that at first, I was pretty sad and upset by this news, since I felt like God had clearly called me to Uganda.  However, when the alternatives were presented, I began to realize that God's heart is bigger than my heart and that I am called to serve and love the least of these no matter where they live.  After praying a lot, I realized that I think God is directing me towards the India trip, so that's where I'm going!  It's going to be MAJORLY out of my comfort zone.  I am seriously scared of the heat and the spicy food.  However, I know that God is bigger than those things and I want to surrender to His will.

Wanting: Jessica from Joy in the Journey and I just launched a brand new linky party today.  It's called Tricks of the Trade.  This week's theme was tips for creating bulletin boards.  I have already learned some new tricks that I want to try and would love to hear yours.  Click the button below to find out more and to link up.  We would love to have you.


Needing: This night has become yet another night that I have not fulfilled my vow to go to bed early...but I just couldn't not link up to the Currently.  

Summer Bucket List: Now that I have made it through a trial year of the Daily 5, I am ready to really figure out the best way to start it, organize it, and run it next year.  I hope to do some serious blog hoppin to find new ideas and resources.  I can't wait to try out some new things with my new kiddos next fall.

All right, that's my currently, and considering what I am needing, I should log off and go to bed.  So, Oyasumi Nasai!  That means "goodnight" in Japanese.

2 comments:

  1. India sounds like it will be an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really neat to get to travel to India! Good luck! Everything happens for a reason for sure! :)

    Regina
    Keepin' It Krazy

    ReplyDelete