Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tried it Tuesday Addition and Subtraction Posters

Hi Everybody!

I have a busy evening ahead of me, so just going to pop in quickly to join First Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday.  


It's my first time joining this linky because it's the first time I could think of something to share!  Of course, I try lots of things, but they all get mushed together in my mind and I can't remember anything that interesting.

Today however, I have something I am really proud to share.  It was a totally PinSuccess!

Here are the originals I pinned:

From Jodi at Fun in First
From Lindsey at The Teacher Wife
Let me just say that Jodi and Lindsey are amazingly creative and awesome!  When I saw these posters on Pinterest, it was "love at first pin."  Hehehe.  

Seriously though, I was/am truly in awe of their awesomeness.  Then, when I discovered that Lindsey has the key words and titles available for FREE on her blog (click the link above), I totally did a happy dance (in my head)!  

I knew I had to make them for my class and right away too because we are about to work on real-world addition and subtraction AKA word problems.

Admittedly, I was nervous that my attempt at making them would not turn out as well as theirs, but I am giving up perfectionism, so I just went for it and made them anyway.

Here's how they turned out:

Personally, I love them.  Thanks to Lindsey's freebies, they weren't hard to make.  Although, I did break out the meter stick to make the signs on poster board.  

Don't have much else to say for today other than I'm glad I tried Tried it Tuesday!  :-)    

2 comments:

  1. These look great Becky! I have some, but they are not as fun as yours!

    Rosie
    Rosie's Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the visual of this strategy!! Thank you so much for linking up and I hope to see you back. No idea is too small to share and give inspiration:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete