Sunday, June 30, 2013

July Currently!

It's currently still June, but since July is just around the corner, it's time to join Farley's monthly linky!



Listening- On Sunday mornings, I often put on The Food Network to listen to as I get ready for church.

Loving- Summer break finally came!  It was so hard seeing all of you bloggers on break when I still had to make it to the very end of June, but I did.  I made it.  Now that it's break, it's been hard for me to transition out of "Busy School Mode" where I have to constantly be working on something.  It took a few days, but I think I finally re-learned the art of relaxing.  Ahhhhh.....

Thinking- Only 9 days until India!!!!   After months of preparation and tons of craziness where God changed my plans and taught me more about trusting Him, I am so ready to just go!  I want to finally meet my team in person and to go love some beautiful orphans!

Wanting- I seriously just feel so content in Christ right now.  I do not really seriously want anything.  He has provided so much for me already and has been growing me in leaps and bounds over the past few months.  I am learning that He truly is enough and I can just rest in His grace and trust that He is in control.

Needing- My flight to D.C. for boot camp before India leaves from JFK at 6:00 a.m.!!!!!  That means I should get to the airport at 4:00 a.m.!!!  That's crazy early!  

I'm having a really hard time figuring out an affordable option to get to the airport that early.  The shuttle services that I thought would be good are charging an arm and a leg because it's so early.  Plus, they want to pick me up at 1:00 a.m.!!!  Um, no thanks.  I am not sacrificing any more of my sleep than I need to.  

However, right now, I do not have a better option, since it's too early and too far to ask anyone to drive me.  My mindset at this point is to step back and trust that God will provide.  He has figured everything else out so far, so I know He can do this, even if it means I end up going with the shuttle company.  I just want to wait for confirmation from Him, rather than rushing to figure everything out myself.

Tips, Tricks, and Hints- Link up!  There are so many fun linky parties out there every day of the week, especially during summer.  Take the time to link up whenever you can.  The parties are fun, full of great ideas, and get your blog name out there for people to see.  

Also, speaking of linkies and tips/tricks, be sure to join this week's Tricks of the Trade party hosted by Jessica and me.  This week's theme is...

Also, you can check out the Tricks of the Trade archives by clicking the tab at the top of my page or the button below.

3 comments:

  1. HAVE Sooooo much fun in India! How exciting! Enjoy & take LOTS of pictures! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your india trip sounds like it will be amazing. I would love to participate in a missions trip, but haven't had the opportunity yet. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time in India. I know you will touch many lives there. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete