Sunday, June 2, 2013

Jump for Joy...It's June!

June is here!

Summer is just around the corner.  The kids feel it.  I feel it.  The weather feels it.

Only 18 days left for me.  Actually, subtract 2 for personal days since I am going to my sister's wedding in Arizona in a week and a half.

Anyways, now that it's June, it's time to Jump for Joy and celebrate with Farley's Currently and Jess's Monthly Goals linky.



Listening: This is what I needed to hear tonight.  I'm so thankful for God's grace.
There is no guilt here
There is no shame
No pointing fingers
There is no blame

What happened yesterday has disappeared
The dirt has washed away
And now it's clear

There's only grace
There's only love
There's only mercy
And believe me it's enough


Loving: My brand new Classroom Friendly Supplies pencil sharpener arrived this week, which was like Christmas in May for me since I have desperately wanted this sharpener for months.  I couldn't wait to try it out.  Here what went down.

I decided to try out several different types of old and new pencils to see how they would all work in the sharpener.


I test out how to pinch the clips and pull the front part out before sticking in the pencil.  It might be tricky for the kids at first, but I think they will be able to learn to do it. 

I sharpened all of the pencils to pointy perfection!  As I sharpened them, I could not get over how cool it was to see the pencil move in further until it was done.  It was so easy to tell when the pencil was sharp because it stopped moving in.  Also, I could feel the sharpener ease up.  Every time I pulled out a pencil, I wondered, "Will it be sharp?"

The answer was always yes!  

 So, the conclusion of this story is "Yes.  This sharpener is awesome!"  

If you would like to pick up for yourself, click on the button below.  

Thinking: My weekend was AMAZING!!   To summarize, I had a blast shopping with Jessica, going out for dinner and bowling with some good friends, dancing at my hip hop dance recital, and celebrating at Friendly's.  Super busy, but super fun.

Toria did my makeup and hair.  She wanted me to actually look like an adult. :-)
Hardcore hip hoppers!
Wanting/Needing: This is my last full week of school before grades are due, so I have a lot to fit in to not a lot of time.  Hopefully I can get everything done.  Plus, I need to start prepping for India more.  So much to do...so little time.

3 Vacay Essentials: If I don't wear sunscreen, I turn into a lobster, so I always keep SPF 90 on hand.  Also, mosquitoes LOVE me and I HATE them, so bug spray is a must.  Vacation is always a great time to catch up on some reading.

Now, its time for my June Goals.


I {Heart} Recess


Personal: As God is teaching me to give up perfectionism, I am realizing that I need to stress less and enjoy life more.  I don't need to dwell on my mistakes.  I should count my blessings.  Also, as I said before, I need to start getting supplies and shots and everything ready for India.  It's coming up so soon!

Family: My sister is getting married!  I am excited to fly out to AZ on Thursday the 13th to celebrate with her and the rest of my family.   
Carrie and Zach
Health: I have been eating out too much and eating too many indulgent items.  I need to cut back a bit. Also, I am considering trying to get better at running.  I must confess that I HATE running.  I hate sweating.  I hate not being able to breathe.  I hate being watched by other people. 

However, several of my friends and my sister are training and getting better at running, so I am starting to consider trying to get better at it.  I tried running intervals today to get started and it went okay.  I am going to try using the Nike Plus app to track my progress.  We will see if the motivation lasts past today.

School: 18 days left.  I need to finish this year strong.  I am worn out, but I can't quit. 

Blogging: I love blogging, but I am so busy that it's hard to find the time to join every linky, post every idea, and blog hop to check out everyone else's great posts.  As school revs up and then winds down, I am hoping to still have time to invest in the blogging world.

Read: Right now I am in the middle of reading the Yada Yada Prayer group series.  They chronicle the adventures of a diverse prayer group in Chicago.  The writing is not stupendous, but the characters are so real, it's hard not to get invested in them.  For me, it's been crazy to see how closely the main character's life parallels my life.  She lives in an urban area, is a teacher who walks to school, goes to church, struggles with perfectionism etc.  I would definitely recommend them to all of you.
Also, I ordered Beyond the Beautiful Forevers from Amazon.  It's supposed to be a very eye-opening book about life in India.  I am really looking forward to reading it before my trip.

So, that's my June.  Hope everyone else is having a great start to their month. 

6 comments:

  1. I have to finish strong too! 2 weeks left for me and I am definitely just trying to power through. Good luck!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Good luck in your last days and getting grades in. The end is in sight! :)

    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! I have never heard of the Yada Yada Prayer Group Series, I am going to have to check them out.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE to buy that pencil sharpener!! I am with you on the health goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hip Hop dance, wow you are versatile!
    Hang in there for your last few days.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Becky,
    I found your blog through Fun in 1st Grade. I love what you stand for. I am also a child of the King! I am a big fan of Compassion. I have been supporting a young boy for about 3 years now. I love receiving letters from him. I am fairly new to blogging and a new follower of yours. I can't wait to see your future posts. :-)

    -Tasha
    ATenderTeacherforSpecialNeeds

    ReplyDelete