Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made It: End of the Year Gifts

One day left...

Only one day.

I can make it.

Summer break will finally be here.

I will stop starting every post with a countdown.

Hehe.

Today was my second-to-last day of school.  It was Year End Party/Clean Up Day on our ABC Countdown.

The party was a huge success.  Stay tuned for pictures.  The kids played volleyball, soccer, four square etc.  They also enjoyed the playground and feasted on tasty snacks.  Then, I gave out my End of the Year Candy Awards and my volunteer gifts.

I am sharing those for Monday Made It.  Thanks to Tara for hosting.

I posted about my End of the Year Gift Ideas for Tricks of the Trade a few weeks ago.  At that time, I was not totally sure what I wanted to try.  Here is what I ended up doing.

I gave out these awesome Candy Bar Awards that I found free from Ragn at Turnstall Teaching Tidbits.  I forgot to take a picture of the actual ones I made, but here's the link to the freebies.  Each student got a laminated award certificate and the accompanying candy bar.  

The kids loved their certificates and the candy.  The parents did too.  It was cute/fun to celebrate the different students and their personalities.  I was so happy with how well this gift worked.

Remember how I pinned this great parent volunteer gift idea?  


Here's my version:


I used Dollar Tree cups filled with either peppermints, Extra Gum, Lifesavers, or tea bags.  Then, I covered them in tissue paper, and tied the lid with ribbon.  Finally, I affixed the cute labels from A Modern Teacher.

I was happy with how they turned out and the parents seemed to appreciate the gifts.

Overall, it was a great celebration with great gifts!

By the way, this Thursday, Tricks of the Trade: Center Storage and Organization.  Be there or be disorganized.  Hehehe.
Speaking of which, this week's upcoming Tricks of the Trade Topic is Centers Storage and Organization.  
What do you do for math centers?  Language Arts Centers?  How do you organize and store materials?  What are your favorite resources?

Get ready to link up Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Those candy awards are adorbs! I can't get over them! I will keep them in mind for next year. I know my 6th graders will love them! Even if I have 6 classes a day, students always love awards!!

    Lil Bit Country In the Classroom

    ReplyDelete