Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Monday Linkys Etc.

Hello my long neglected blog.  I've missed you.  Since, my blogiversary is coming up, I feel especially sad that I have not had the time to post much recently.  I hope to have time to join 5 for Friday this week to update you on all our first grade learning, but for now, I'm joining Denise and Tara for their Monday linkys.




This weekend, I finally got the chance to bake.  I decided to try one of the many tempting pumpkin recipes I've been pinning this fall season.  After some debating, I settled on these Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins.  Click the picture for the original source.


Butterscotch Pumpkin Muffins

These muffins were easy to make and turned out great.


They look beautiful and taste AMAZING.  The pumpkin keeps them moist and the white chocolate chips are creamy and smooth.  After warming these beauties, I have been drizzling some caramel syrup on top to complement the butterscotch.  Mmmmmm.  It's like having dessert for breakfast.

Now, before I go, several quick updates.


One Meal, One Day went great.  I skipped breakfast and lunch and was able to fast until sunset.  Surprisingly I did not feel that bad, which actually made me think even harder about what it's like to go hungry.  True, I can skip two meals and not feel that badly because I ate plenty the previous day and I know I will be able to eat late.  Most people who go hungry do so over a long period of time.  They may never eat enough to be full and satisfied and they rarely know where their next meal will come from.  Their physical hunger is compounded by fear and the results are tragic.

Fortunately, the One Meal, One Day campaign was a success.  Although I didn't reach my goal of raising $200 due to my late and limited efforts, the whole effort has raise $22,902 since 2012!!!  How awesome is that?

Two more things.  First of all, I am SO excited to announce that if all goes well and God allows, I am going back to India next summer!!!  WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I am just a tad excited if you couldn't tell.  

My friend Emily, founder of E & Co., a business that sells goods made by Indian street vendors and helps them and others break out of poverty, and I have banded together to co-lead a team to India next summer.  Both of us fell in love with India when we traveled their on separate mission trips.  After lots of prayer, we have decided to take a leap of faith and lead a team to go back with us next summer.  We can't wait for others to get involved in ministering to orphans and widows and to experience the amazing things that God is doing in India.

We created a little promo video and a Facebook group to spread the word and recruit team members and supporters.  I would love it if you would check out the video and even join our Facebook group.


Last, but certainly not least, I want to encourage you to check out E & Co.'s new twist collection and all of their great necklaces.  These are just a few of the new styles.

Image of Pink, Red and Green Multi TwistImage of Black and White TwistImage of Red and Yellow Twist

I have to tell you that literally every time I wear one of my E & Co. necklaces, I get complimented on it.  All of them really are beautiful and what makes them even cooler is that the proceeds from sales and other special projects have already helped start a sewing class for widows and build a new boy's orphanage.  In fact, right now, they are collecting donations to provide 7 bunk beds for the boy's home.  You can read more about that special project by clicking the picture below.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, that's it for all the cool stuff that's going down.  I've decided this post is M themed.  I didn't plan it that way, but that's how it turned out.  Check out all the M's: Monday; M Truth, muffins; One Meal, One Day; Mission2India2014.  Wow, I am such a teacher.  Haha.

Have a marvelously, majestic, magnificent night!

3 comments:

  1. Those pumpkin muffins look great! Just about as great as that picture of Channing Tatum! I'm going to have to check out that link for the recipe! Hope your week is going great!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great video! I am so impressed by your unswerving passion for reaching the less fortunate in India. You are an inspiration and an encouragement, Becky!
    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great muffins--I feel like I want to reach into my computer screen and grab one : )
    That is so neat that you can serve and help people in India! Living in comfort we can often forget about those who suffer.
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete