Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Currently and My Blogiversary!

Yesterday was my one year Blogiversary!

It snuck up on me so quickly, I didn't have time to plan a celebration.  So, I'll just say "Woot!"  Haha.

In all seriousness, blogging has been a great adventure.  I love the blogging community so much and I am honored that people actually read what I write.  Thanks to all of my followers and readers!

Now, believe it or not, it's time for the December Currently with Farley.


Listening

Christmas music makes me so happy!  I am so glad it is finally time to listen to it.  Right now, I am enjoying the funky, fun sounds of Tobymac and his crew on their album, Christmas in Diverse City.  Here's a taste.


Loving

This is pretty self-explanatory.  Thanksgiving in awesome and now it's time for the best holiday of the year: Christmas!
Thinking

My Thanksgiving break was wonderful.  

Travel went smoothly.  I was thankful to have my brother to help me with the drive.  I picked him up on my way home and then he took over and drove the rest of the way.  Such a gentleman.

The food was delicious and fun to make.  This is my brother's plate by the way.  Mine looked about the same, but one layer thinner.  Hehe. 

Photo: First plate.   Yes.

I ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot with a time of 50:08, which was miraculous since I strained a ligament a few weeks ago and didn't even know if I would be able to even walk the race.  


Also, most importantly, I had a great time with my family.  It was the first time that me and my two siblings, plus my brother-in-law had all been home together since 2010.  

Wanting

Is it bad that I'm already counting down to Christmas break?

Needing

I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping.  I always want to get people perfectly unique and personal gifts, but then I don't plan ahead and by December, I am in panic mode and have to revert back to buying lotion and socks.

Fortunately, I found some good solutions to my dilemma last year and I plan to use them again this year.  Here are some of my favorite resources for Christmas gifts that mean a lot to the giver, the recipient, and some people in need.

Compassion Gift Catalog
Gift ideas include providing clean water, livestock, vaccines, disaster relief etc. for those in need.
Gifts of Compassion Christmas Catalog

E & Company
Features beautiful necklaces and funky ties created by Indian vendors.  Proceeds benefit the vendors and others in need.
Image of Black Tie Red Stripe Pom: First ClassImage of Red and Yellow Twist

Favorite Tradition

Every year my mom and I bake/make tons of Christmas cookies and other treats.  Our most special cookies are molasses gingerbread cut-outs that have been made every year by many generations of my family.  After we make these tasty cookies, we spend hours decorating them with all kinds of sugars and sprinkles.  They always turn out crazy and colorful.  I can't wait to decorate them this year!


Wishing everyone a peaceful and joyful holiday season!  God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Farley's currently!! I feel ya on wanting Christmas break! We can make it! :)

    Ashley
    Flying High in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that our Currentlys are fairly similar. Congratulations on your Turkey Trot time and completion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary & Congrats on the Turkey Trot! :)

    ReplyDelete