Saturday, February 1, 2014

February Currently

It's February!  The month of love!  The month of INSANITY for teachers everywhere!

More on that later in my Currently...


Listening

The show Elementary is so intriguing.  My problem is that I always try to multi-task when watching it, so I miss important details and don't fully understand what's happening.  Perhaps I need to teach myself to put down my laptop for longer than 2 minutes.  :-)

Loving

Today I had the pleasure of hanging out with a brand new friend.  We started the day at the gym, took a walk, got Starbucks, and ate out at Stony's, a local burger place.  It was fun to get to know each other more and to enjoy the warmer weather.

Tonight, I am super excited to Skype with an old friend from camp who now teaches in Honduras.  Needless to say we do not get to talk very often, so this is a special treat.

Thinking

February...

Oh that crazy month.

The month I love to hate.

How is it that the shortest month of the year has the most holidays/occasions (Black History Month, Dental Health Month, Groundhog Day, Valentines Day, President's Day), tons of assessments, and a long break in the middle?  

Not that I'm complaining about our February break.  It's just that how in the world am I supposed to get it all done?

Having survived this insane month two years in a row now, I am feeling minutely more confident about making it through this year.  I just know I won't be taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly until March 1.

Wanting

I thought my knee had fully healed after I injured it running in November.  Apparently not.  On Thursday, it gave out on me during a workout and now it feels kind of wonky.  That's the only word that can describe it, since it's not exactly painful, just weird.  I don't know how long to deal with this before it's time to get it checked out. 
Needing

It's that time of year when all the tax forms and giving statements come sailing into my mailbox.  Time to do my taxes.  More like time to mail them all to my dad...

2 Truths and a Fib

Let me just say that I am notoriously bad at this game.  I do not have the gift of fibbing.  If I fooled you, please leave a comment because I would love to know it's possible.  :-)

Before I reveal the truth, take one more look.  What do you think is a lie?

1. I don't like seafood.

2. I have a birthmark.

3. I am allergic to cats.

And the fib is...#1!

I happen to LOVE seafood.  I am so thankful to live in Jersey where the fish entrees are a whole lot fresher than those in Ohio.

For the other two, yes I do have a birthmark.  It's on my left calf.  Kids often ask me if it's dirt or if I hurt myself.

Also, I am allergic to cats, which seems to make them all the more interested in jumping on my lap.  Ugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, that's my Currently.  Link up with Farley to share yours.

Happy February!  I'm praying we all make it through alive!


4 comments:

  1. We started doing our taxes today and I am ready for them to be done!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. February is a crazy month, indeed! I LOVE seafood, too. Glad to find your blog. Good luck conquering February. :)

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree on the seafood - I'm obsessed! Hope your knee gets back to feeling better :)

    Shelby
    First Time Firstie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently started watching Elementary too! I love Jonny Lee Miller's interpretation of Sherlock. :)

    And thanks for reminding me about my taxes! Yikes LOL
    Melissa
    Ms. K/1 ELL

    ReplyDelete