Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's 5 for Friday and Fuel Your Faith

Happy Valentine's Day!

or

Happy Singles Awareness Day!

or 

Happy Friday!

That should cover everyone.  :-)

Personally, I am spending the day in sweatpants while lounging around my parent's house in Ohio.  Even if there hadn't been an insane blizzard, I was still scheduled to have the days off.

That gives me time to chill, bake Valentine's cookies, and blog.  

This week, I am so excited to be linking up with a BRAND, NEW linky party hosted by my best bud, Jessica from Joy in the Journey.

Joy in the Journey

Recently, God laid it on her heart to use her blogging platform as a way to share about her faith more.  Today she launched, Fuel Your Faith Fridays!


This is such a fabulous idea for a linky.  It's going to challenge me to really listen for God's voice and to step out to share what He teaches me.  Without further ado, here is what God impressed on me last night.


For more encouragement, check out the other links over at Joy in the Journey and be sure to add your own post.

Now, I will quickly link up with Doodle Bugs for 5 for Friday.




Doubles


During math, we practiced our doubles facts using these adorable and low-prep games from Oceans of First Grade Fun.

The Cat in the Hat

A special visitor came to our school this week.  He was furry and wore a big red and white striped hat.  Yep, that's right.  The Cat in the Hat visited!  Though it's not Read Across America Week yet, the visit should get us all pumped up to read, read, read!

C is for Cookie


On Wednesday, my kiddos loved decorating cookies during our early Valentine's Day celebration.  Yes, I promise there is a cookie under all that frosting.  :-)

Then, yesterday, my mom and I baked and decorated our traditional Valentine's sugar cookies.  They are melt in your mouth delicious.


First it was a...


This year my class is full of aspiring artists and illustrators.  They love any opportunity to draw and color, so they enjoyed this cute "First it was a...Then, it was a..." heart activity from First Grade Found Me.  Check out the cute results.



Olympics!

I am OBSESSED with the Olympics.  I watch everything!  Well, everything except biathalon, which I just don't get.  Anyways, one of my favorite, yet bittersweet, moments was last night when Jeremy Abbott fell during his skating program.  

USA Today
He was hurt and discouraged and I felt terribly for him, but he got back up and finished.  He was incredible and my heart went out to him.  You should Google his story and watch the recaps.

So, that's my week.  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look scrumptious. I want to reach into my computer monitor and snatch one or two or three...

    I found you via Jessica's new linky and am your newest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart decorating idea is a fun one - I'll have to put it in the file for next year.
    I'm loving the Olympics too - we're watching right now.
    Like the faith idea also!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete