Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fuel Your Faith: The Great I Am

Well, my plans for linking up with the Read Across America linky all week fell off the wagon...

I was hit with an intense, exhausting cold this week and had to pop some powerful decongestants every 4 hours just to survive conferences.

Fortunately, God was gracious and I made it through the first two days.  Now, there is only one to go.

Since I have been crazy busy and not feeling well, I am taking today to grocery shop, clean, plan, and rest.

I also want to link up with Jessica of Joy in the Journey for Fuel Your Faith.

 
Recently, God has been challenging me more and more to "get out of the boat" and follow Him.  No matter what adventure He leads me on, whether teaching, planning a trip to India, or something else, it is easy for me to get scared.  When I look at my weaknesses and think about other people's opinions of me, I get trapped in fear.  I doubt God's plan and focus only on myself.

Clearly there is nothing new under the sun, since even Moses struggled with these same fears.  When God told him to tell Pharaoh to let the Israelites go, he immediately looked at his own weaknesses and wondered what other people would think of him.  He forgot that He had the Great I Am with Him.

Though Moses was full of fear and doubt, God still chose to use him.  He showed that it was not about Moses, but about Him.  He not only had the plan, but the power to complete it.

This is what I need to remember as I embark on the adventures God has for me each day.  My life is not about me.  It is about the Great I Am.  He can work through me or in spite of me.  Rather than looking at my weaknesses or worrying about man's opinions, I need to keep my eyes on Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment