Monday, March 3, 2014

These are Currently a few of my favorite books...

It's March!!!


I don't know how that happened, but it did.

Time to link up with Farley for the Currently.  This one is going to be short and perhaps not so sweet cause I am beyond tired.  :-)


Listening:
Watching Elementary.  Probably not a good idea cause I'm too brain dead to follow anything that's happening.

Loving:
I survived!  The most insane month of the year is over.

Thinking:
I am literally too tired to think.

Wanting:
Sleep.

Time to catch up on the things I've neglected due to the busyness at school.

Needing:
My apartment is a dirty mess.  Yuck.  

Need to fix that.

My fridge is empty and I don't want to eat any of the food I do have.  


Need to fix that too.

?????
What's the question to my answer?

Leave your guess in the comments.

The beginning of March brings with it Read Across America Week!  Now, I must confess that I am not the biggest fan of Dr. Seuss.  Though I probably just lost 100 followers for saying that, I will continue anyway.  

What I do enjoy is all the Read Across America festivities.  My school celebrates with various dress up days (Red and White, Pajamas, Crazy Socks etc) and a storytelling night.

This year, I am excited to also celebrate with the brilliant bloggers over at Primary Chalkboard for their week long linky.


Today's theme is: Favorite Children's Author and Books.  Agh.  How can I choose?

If I must pick one, I will at least give a shout out to Mo Willems, Laura Numeroff, Tomie dePaola before being decisive and picking...

Kevin Henkes

Kevin Henkes was a favorite author of mine growing up and continues to be today.  His stories are realistic, yet playful; his illustrations adorable; and his characters are second-to-none when it comes to studying traits and feelings.  These are some of my top books of his.



I am curious to see who everyone else's favorite author's are and excited to (hopefully) link up the rest of the week.

Now, I must go before I fall asleep and drool on the keyboard.  Hehe.


4 comments:

  1. I feel like we were on the same wave length for this post- I'm loving that it is now March too AND i'm in major need of some house cleaning/organization! Hm..baked beans is a tough one...is your question What do you like to eat while camping??
    Aylin :)
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Henkes is my favorite children's author, too! I adore Lilly and her purple plastic purse. I'm thinking baked beans are your favorite food (ever tried them with Grandma Utz potato chips??).

    I'm so glad to have found you through Farley!

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilly is so feisty! I'm glad you love her too. Baked beans are my favorite food. I cold eat cold baked beans for every meal! I bet they are delicious with chips. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. Jerry Spinelli is my favorite author for middle grade students. We are reading excerpts from his autobiography, "Knots in My Yo-yo String", right now as part of a writing unit on personal narratives and the kids are hooked. I just wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. You can check out the nomination HERE 

    ReplyDelete