Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Brownies, Currently, and Spring Cleaning

I hate April Fools!  Ugh.  It's so annoying.


April Fools!  

Okay so that was lame, but I really do enjoy April Fools.  Growing up, my mom would constantly fool me with stories of terrible things happening that somehow she made seem believable.  She is the queen of April Fools.

In honor of my mom's love of April Fools, I played a little joke on my kids today.  I am sharing it for...


Would you like a brownie?

To fool my kiddos, I borrowed an idea from Casey over at Second Grade Math Maniac.

During Morning Meeting, I told my kids that I brought brownies for them to celebrate the first day of spring.  All day my firsties kept asking me when it was time for the treat.

When it was finally time for snack, I pulled out a pan covered with foil and revealed the brownies.  



Or should I say "Brown E's!"

My kids were so confused!  Some were disappointed.  Others ripped their "E's" to make it look like they took a bite.

However, they were much happier when I pulled out a real pan of homemade brownies.  A delicious ending to a fun prank!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides enjoying some brownies to celebrate the start of April, I also plan to do some Spring Cleaning this month and I don't just mean sweeping and dusting.  I'm going to clear out my closets and shelves to help out with E & Co.'s Spring Cleaning Project.

"What is that?" you ask.  Let me tell you.

E & Co., a company with the mission of helping Indian street vendors by selling imported, handmade jewelry has decided to help out at home in the U.S. too.

Here's how E & Co. founder, Emily, describes the project:

"Spring Cleaning" for your Community!
This event was inspired by a conversation I recently had with a young lady named, Tinashe. Tinashe started a ministry called Rise Malawi in Malawi, Africa that gives children in a remote village the chance to go to school! We talked about how some of the children in the village may only have one shirt to wear meanwhile my closet is filled with them. :/  I felt really convicted about where my priorities lay and how I could do more. It’s too costly to send the items overseas, but there are also needs like this right within our own neighborhoods. This is how we came to the conclusion that we should do some “Spring cleaning for our Community!” 
Here’s how it works:
We want to encourage everyone to clean out their closets and pantries and donate to the nearest shelter and food pantries. Our goal is to donate a total of 1,000 clothing items and 500 food items altogether. We would love for you to post pics of your spring cleaning experience on our FB page and then tell us how many items you donated so we can tally them up!
We know we can make this goal if we work together! (That’s my closet in the picture above!)
Let the cleaning begin!
That's right!  It's time to clear out our closets and pantries to share with those in need right here in the U.S.  

E & co.LIKE E & Co. on Facebook and share your photos as you donate your items throughout the month of April.


Helping those in need is no April Fools, so let's get cleaning!




I will leave you with my Currently for the month.


We have to report to school at 8:15, but I usually get there between 7:45-8.  I try to leave right at 3:30 when we are allowed to, so I can go home and relax before lesson planning etc.

Also, how gross is it that we go until June 24?  Wish that was an April Fools!



3 comments:

  1. Some of the girls in the class next door tried to trick me with the "Brown E's". I said, "Nice try!" They are funny! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one on the brown E. I'd probably be one of those kids just going huh?
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Brown E" trick! Except this year, my kids cried :( LOL
    This is why I LOVE Farley's Currently! I love finding new people to follow - so here I am! Your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete