Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sparking Motivation with a Freebie and Where My Heart Is


It's that time of year again!

26 days left!!!!

That's 1 day for every letter of the alphabet, which means...

...it's time for the ABC Countdown to Summer!!!

I can't think of a better way to Spark Motivation at the end of the year than to have a fun, alphabet themed events for the last days of school.

I tried doing an ABC Countdown for the first time last year and fell in love.  It was the most fun time of the year for me and my students.  At the time when they should have been begging for summer, they were all excited to come to school each day to celebrate the letter of the day.

Pick up the ABC Countdown and parent letter I use by clicking the picture below.  If you are already at less than 26 days left (I'm jealous), put two letters together or just save the idea for next year.


For those of you who have been following me for awhile, you probably know that my heart is missing a big piece.  No, I did not have major heart surgery or anything and I do not mean to make light of that at all.  What I mean is that a piece of my heart is in Hyderabad, India and will stay there forever.

Last summer, I spent two life-changing weeks in Hyderabad after never having wanted to go to India in my life.  There is not time to recap the whole journey of how I got there now, although you can read about it here.

There is also not time to share about all my experiences in India, although I blogged about them all.  Just click the "India" link on the list of labels to read those posts.

All there is time to say is...

I'M GOING BACK!!!!!!!

To say I'm excited is an understatement.  As I look forward to going back, I want to share with you the new journey that led me to this point.

As many of you know, if you had looked me in the eye last year and said, “You will go to India, love it, come back, and then lead a team there,” I would have laughed and rolled my eyes.  I had my plans made and my bags packed for a trip to Uganda.  When God threw my plans up in the air and called me to India, I was shocked and upset.  However, I could not deny the almost audible voice telling me “come and see the people I love.”

One year later, God has shown me that His heart is bigger than mine.  Now, I am beyond excited about the opportunity coming up in August – I will be co-leading a team with World Orphans on a trip to Hyderabad, India from August 14-24, 2014.

There are millions of orphaned and abandoned children around the world with no one to care for them. As a follower of Christ, I believe that it is the church’s place and responsibility to care for these children.

World Orphans is a non-profit ministry committed to strengthening the local church around the world to rescue and care for these children. World Orphans takes the time to identify churches in the developing world that are already caring for orphans and could do more with support and encouragement from an American church. By partnering with World Orphans, our team will get to see how God is working through churches to rescue children.

On my trip I will get to work alongside the local churches who run various orphan related ministries and outreaches to the community. The specific details of our trip will be determined as we get closer to the trip. My prayer is that God uses this experience to further reveal to me how both my team and I can serve as advocates for orphans when we return home from this trip.

There are a few ways I would invite you to be involved. First, you can share this information. The more we talk about the problem of orphaned children and the ways that God is at work caring for them, the more people will be involved and the more children will be cared for. Visit the Journey117 website: http://www.journey117.org/ to learn more.

Secondly, you can pray. If you are interested in supporting me and my team in prayer, please contact me and I will add you to my e-mail list and keep you updated on how you can be praying.

Finally, you can make a gift to The Crossing Church to assist with my expenses. I am responsible for raising $3000 on behalf of World Orphans to help cover the cost of the trip.  I would be grateful if you wanted to give. You can donate through The Crossing Church.  Checks or cash should be set to the following address. 

The Crossing Church
222 Laurel Ave.
Livingston, NJ 07079

Please label all donations with Mission2India2014.  Please also include my name on the donation if you want to give specifically to me.  Otherwise donations will be shared with the team.  Either is greatly appreciated.

If you prefer to donate online, please use the following link or the widget on the top right of my blog to contribute to my GoFundMe account.


Please let me know if you have any questions. I would love to tell you more about this opportunity and why I am so excited!

Thanks for reading my story.  To be honest, I did not want to have to ask for support this year.  I was so thankful for everyone's generosity last year, that I did not feel right asking again this year.  I did my best to save and prepare for this year and I plan to pay as much of my way as possible.  However, God has changed many things in my life lately including my financial situation, so I am in need of some support to be able to go to India this summer.  My team would also be grateful for your help, so please consider contributing to the whole group by donating to The Crossing Church.

Thank you for your understanding and support.  I cannot wait to share more stories of what God is doing in India with all of you when I get back.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment