Friday, July 18, 2014

Fuel Your Faith for Teachers and Leaders

Howdy All!

Before I being, I have to say thanks to all my followers!  Compassionate Teacher now has...

254 Bloglovin Followers!!!

I was so excited when I got the e-mail the other day that I hit 250.  I appreciate everyone's interest in my escapades.  Though I will no longer be in the classroom, I hope that you will stick with me as I begin my full time work with World Orphans.  

I am still a ways away from starting my new job, but I am almost ready to begin the process of raising support.  I plan to really dive into that process after Mission2India is "over."

For those that don't know or know just  a little, Mission2India is a mission trip to India this August that I am helping lead.  The trip is sponsored and co-led by World Orphans and supported by my local church.  Most of the 14 team members go to my church and/or live near me in New Jersey.  

My amazing team and I have been fundraising and preparing for a few months now, but I have been living and breathing this trip for almost a year now.  In fact, by the time I go to India, I will have been planning this trip for exactly 1 year and 3 weeks.  That's insane to me.

 Now that it's July 18th, I am having a hard time believing that I will be back in India in less than a month!!!  I cannot wait to be back with the beautiful orphans of Hyderabad that I met last year and to share the experience with the team.
  
All of this being said, I want to share something that I have been trying to hold on throughout this whole process of leading a team to India:

It's not about me.

It's all about Him.

At times it's been hard to remember, but God nudged me this week as I read through Matthew. 


As you consider your leadership roles (teacher, parent, boss etc.), I hope that you will remember to keep your eyes fixed on the one who ultimately leads you and to humbly serve those who He has placed in your care.

Have a great weekend everyone!





1 comment:

  1. What a great verse, message, and reminder! Thanks for sharing, friend. I am so excited about your upcoming trip - I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures of your adventures!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete