Monday, September 1, 2014

Currently: I Am Alive and Blogging




Oh my goodness.  Where have I been?

For the first time in months, I actually have more than 5 minutes to breathe, relax, watch TV, read etc.  It is glorious, but strange.  I do not know what to do now that I am not moving, working multiple jobs, preparing for India etc. etc. etc.

In fact, my summer jobs are over (minus some tutoring), I'm all moved in to my new place, and I'm back from India.  Sad about the last part.  Can't believe the trip is over.  So much to process.  So much to miss.

Hopefully more to come.

More about India later, but for now, I am happy to link up with Farley for this month's Currently.  I can't even say I'm surprised it's September because I was living at a breakneck speed for the last few months, so it makes sense that summer's over already.


Listening


Due to moving and canceling my personal TV services, I have failed to keep up with one of my favorite shows.  Fortunately, the episodes are slowly, but surely becoming available online so I can catch up.  I'm not very far in, but no strong favorites have emerged yet.

Loving

Though the trip was short and I am sad that it is over, I am still so happy about India.  I will confess that I was nervous to go back because I was afraid that my mind had created an fantastic and nostalgic love that was not true and sustainable.

Let me just say, that my fear was totally wrong. 

The very second we landed in India, I felt as if I had come home.  When I saw our wonderful hosts, I cried with joy as I reunited with my family.  From there, all the sites, sounds, smells, colors, tastes etc. all filled my sense and my soul to the brim.

Bucket showers?  Yay!

Crazy traffic?  Bring it on!

Spicy curry?  Give me more please!

Speaking in Telugu?  I'm your student!

Squat toilets?  Okay, let's not get crazy.  I could take a pass on these.

Take all that excitement and multiple it by 4,000 and you'll get a sense of the joy I felt when I got to see all the orphans and their caretakers!  The fact that so many remembered me and I remembered them made my heart swell.  Words aren't enough, so here are my two favorite pictures.  More will be coming soon.



Thinking

Labor Day Weekend was amazing!  It started out as a blank slate and was quickly and spontaneously filled time down the shore, workouts in the park, playing cards, and going to movies with friends.  Ahhh...so nice.

Wanting

Being so hectic made me sloppy and lax about my eating habits, so a few pounds crept on.  Then, I gave myself permission to stuff myself with Indian food while in India, so a few more crept on.  Now, it's time to get back to regular and even more frequent workouts and to get some self-control when it comes to food.  

Any ideas for curbing a stubborn sweet tooth?

Needing

Summer jobs are over.  Tutoring is winding down.  I'm back from India.  Now, on to the new and exciting adventure of my new job!  Before I can begin my work with World Orphans, I need to build a team of financial supporters and prayer warriors.  I will be sending out my first support letters soon and will share more info on here in the near future.  I am nervous, but excited to see how God provides and to join together with others to care for orphans.

Trips


This is hard because I would and want to literally go everywhere!  Whether for pleasure or missions, I can't really think of any place I wouldn't want to go.  For vacation places, Greece has been at the top of the list for awhile now.  Ireland's on the list since my traveling buddy and I have talked about exploring the isle in an affordable way.  Finally, Alaska is just beautiful.  My parents got there for the first time a few summers ago and fell in love.  Now, it's my turn to go!




Ahhh, it felt so nice to write this.  I hope to show up a bit more often now that things have settled down.

Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day!  Also, praying for everyone as they go back to school.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! The India trip looks amazing. I am super excited to follow you and find out all about your adventures this past summer. Someday I want to go to Greece too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,
    WOW you have been busy! So glad you are getting some time to yourself to relax and unwind.
    India sounds absolutely amazing!!!
    I have been a little too relaxed with my eating habits too this summer. Self-control... what's that?!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh India is on my list of places to visit.
    Lucky you.
    I just found your blog through Farley's linkup. Your blog looks great BTW.
    Sandra

    savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete