Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's Currently 2015!

Happy New Year!!!

Hurray for 2015!!

It's a new year!  Time for resolutions that lead to millions of weight loss commercials and grocery carts full of kale.  At least for the next two weeks that is.  :-)

I am popping in to share my Currently for the first of the year.


Listening

The one downside of Christmas "break" is that all the TV shows take a break.  Since all my shows are on a siesta, it's time for a new Netflix obsession.  Gilmore Girls is a show that I have caught off and on on TV for years, but never watched all the way through.  Figured I would start with the pilot and see where it goes.
Loving

Though it's technically just another day, New Year's Day always feels so fresh and new!  Looking back at 2014 reveals a lot of changes, so I can only wonder what is in store for 2015!

Thinking and Wanting

I'm ready to get started with the New Year and all that it brings.  As I have mentioned before, I am no longer teaching, but am preparing to serve full time with World Orphans as the Director of Rescue Teams.  Since September, I have been support raising, which entails lots of mail, calls, e-mails, meetings etc.  Reaching out to all the people I have known and everyone who knows them has been quite an endeavor, but such a blessing too.  It's amazing to see friends, family, church members, acquaintances etc. coming together to show Christ's love to orphans.

Needing

The holidays were a joy of festive eating, but now it's time to get into January gear and back to healthy habits.

Yes

The end of support raising is in sight.  God is knitting together a team of prayer warriors and monthly donors that have brought me to 71% of my monthly goal.  I'm ready, ready, ready, ready to get started working once I hit 80%.  So close.  If you would like to read more and possibly partner on behalf of the fatherless, you can read more at Becky@World Orphans and my Support Page.  All prayers and gifts are a blessing.

Maybe

I am contemplating whether or not to take some sort of class.  Life is too short and there is not enough time to invest in all the hobbies I would like to pursue.  Still, it might be fun to develop a few.  Hard to choose though.  Photography?  Cooking?  Baking?  Dance?

I Wish

Maybe 2015 will be the year that someone special comes into my life?  Don't get me wrong, I love my life and I am content to wait on the Lord, it would be nice to meet a good guy.

We shall see what comes in 2015!  Wishing you all the best!


3 comments:

  1. Gilmore Girls is on my Netflix list too, have never seen it start to finish. I would love to take a photography or cooking class. No dance for me though! Happy new year!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your motivation to take a class is awesome! I would love to take cooking class. If you have the opportunity, you should definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gilmore Girls! When I was in high school I watched it everyday after school - hope that you like it as much as I did! I'd also love to take some sort of class - hopefully that opportunity opens up!

    ReplyDelete