Saturday, October 3, 2015

October Currently and a What Not to Wear Transformation

Brrr!!!  Cold rain.  Gray clouds.  Chilling wind.

Is it October or November?

Bring back the clear, sunny fall days and the crunchy, colorful leaves!

I shouldn't complain because I would rather be cold than hot.  Still, the last two days have been ones that chill you to the core and never let you warm up.

Being that it is a blustery night during which everyone is staying in, I figured it was a good time to blog.  It has been a while since I have done that, but it has been even longer since I have joined the Currently.  Tonight, my free time Farley's linky matched up.  :-)


Listening
Recently, I started studying Spanish, so I find it quite interesting that Bay is in Spanish class too.  Now, many of the main characters are in Mexico.  TV time turned into extra practice.  

Loving
Over the past for months, I have worked in New Jersey, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Guatemala.  This month, I will go to Virginia and Kentucky.  Haiti is in March.  Gotta say, even though the travel life is hectic, I love it.  It is such so rewarding to serve with World Orphans.  I enjoy talking with people about their lives and our ministry to discover how together we can make a difference in the lives of children.  God is at work and I am grateful to be a part of it.  Read more details in my October newsletter linked below.

Becky's October Bulletin: Guatemala, Collyde, and Colorado
Thinking
Where are the cool fall days?  It's not time for 40 degrees and rain yet!

Wanting/Needing
For the past year and a half, I have been blessed to live with a family from my church.  They were so generous to take me in when I needed a place to stay and it has been great getting to know them.  However, the time has come for all of us to move on to different living arrangements.  I am in the midst of an apartment hunt in an area where apartments do not like to be found.  

Boo-tifuul
A few months ago, I commissioned my friend, Rachel, to help me update my wardrobe.  I was/am sick and tired of being told I look like I am 15!  After ranting about this a few too many times, I realized that it might help to stop wearing the same clothes I wore when I was 15.  Don't get me wrong, I was not exclusively wearing high school clothes.  However, I hate shopping and spending money, so a few old faithfuls were in the mix.  Since I hate shopping, I relied on Rachel to push me out of my comfort zone and into an adult wardrobe.  She did just that.  

She taught me how to layer pieces and to incorporate color in more subtle ways.  All the while, she encouraged me to pick out pieces and respected my taste.  It was a great collaboration.

After our shopping spree, I donated two giant garbage bags of brightly colored, young-looking clothes to Goodwill.  The primary-color loving former first grade teacher in me had a hard time letting go.

Now, I love everything I bought and feel more confident, while still being comfortable and colorful.  Plus, I like getting compliments on what I wear.  Rachel gets all the credit though for being my Stacy London.

You can't see my whole ensemble here, but I love this jacket!


Well, that's it for me tonight.  Have a great weekend everyone!


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to be able to serve children like you do! I grew up in New Jersey (and PA too), so we have a little something in common. May God continue to bless you and I know you will find the right apartment.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discovering your blog thx to Oh Boy Fourth Grade's currently October Link... And loving it!
    Very nice...and compassionate!
    Keep up the good work!
    Froggie
    English Maurice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally tell me about - the weather here is very naff, it's more like winter! But, it's always that way here! Good luck with your apartment hunting! Your friend Rachel sounds a fashion guru! Hope you enjoy using all your new outfits - the coat is lovely! :)

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved finding you through Currently. What a great opportunity you have to serve in such a rewarding way. Blessings to you! I'm excited to read about your adventures from Michigan.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Becky. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am so glad to stop by your blog post and have an opportunity to get connected with you and I feel privileged and honored to get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God around the world to be encouarged, strengthen and paying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Wishing you a very blessed and joyous Christmas season and a very bright, prosperous and Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Becky. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am so glad to stop by your blog post and have an opportunity to get connected with you and I feel privileged and honored to get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and love to get connected with the people of God around the world to be encouarged, strengthen and paying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 36 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. Wishing you a very blessed and joyous Christmas season and a very bright, prosperous and Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete